ISO-foil R is used as slip plane in coreless induction furnaces to prevent early leakage and costly damage to the coil. Its high mica content provides a good heat transfer with an efficient dielectric strength. Moreover, the smooth surface of this mica foil material makes the push-out easier by avoiding damage to the crucible. Actually, ISO-foil R replaces the Sinter Product line advantageously.
ISO-foil R is made of phlogopite mica paper impregnated with a specific high temperature binder and reinforced with a glasscloth in the middle. Such design offers a better tensile strength during handling and application. This mica foil is 100% free of toxicity: you don’t need any specific protection.
Heat resistance: 1000°
- Rolls of 25 meters long and 1 meter wide
- Mica content: 350 g/m²
- Dielectric strength (23°C): > 2,4 kV/layer
- Mica content: 520 g/m²
- Dielectric strength (23°C): > 3,6 kV/layer
- Mica content: 680 g/m²
- Dielectric strength (23°C): > 4,8 kV/layer
- Mica content: 850 g/m²
- Dielectric strength (23°C): > 6 kV/layer